CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW FOR RULES
The SA Barrel Horse Association Inc was formed in 1998, running it’s first event in 1999 to organise Barrel Racing clinics and competitions open to male and female contestants of any age.
The SABHA serves as an information centre for its members and the general public on matters pertaining to SABHA approved events.
In 2013 it was decided to become an affiliate of the Australian Barrel Horse Association. Barrel racing and pole bending events will be run under the Australian Barrel Horse Association rules and policies. A copy of the rules is incorporated in this document.
- THE ARENA WILL BE SHUT FOR 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO START TIME FOR COURSE SETTING
- Payments must accompany entries
- Entries or payments WILL NOT be accepted on the day
- All entry fees are “per horse and rider combination”
- All exhibitions are per run 1-minute max – If more than one pre-exhibition requested they will be taken together/same time
- No Changes to horse/rider combinations will be taken on the day
Cancellations will be accepted until 6 pm on the Thursday before any event. After this date/time entry fees will be forfeited
- ALL riders and handlers must be an ABHA member to compete or assist riders – day membership available
NO alcohol permitted in the warm up area for the duration of the SABHA barrel race event
NO prams or small children permitted in horse warm up area/alley way/arena entry point
NO Spectators in alley way/arena entry point and are to be kept to a minimum in warm up area – there are designated spectator areas